Johnston Research & Performance and Rupes USA
2-DAY PAINT CORRECTION & ENHANCEMENT CLASS BIGFOOT ACADEMY
Take your paint-perfecting skills to the next level! The BigFoot Academy 2-Day Paint Correction and Enhancement Training Courses are hosted by RUPES USA Senior Technical Advisor Todd Helme. These classes will focus on proper sanding techniques for the removal of severe paint defects, orange peel removal, as well as refining paint correction techniques for improved efficiency and results. These classes will sell out! Don’t miss your opportunity to learn at the Canada’s premier training facility located in Oakville.
THIS CLASS IS RECOMMENDED FOR PROFESSIONALS. Students must have a working knowledge of paint correction and be proficient in the use of random orbital polishers at the very minimum. Students should be comfortable with the basics of sanding techniques. There will be no novice-level instruction included.
Todd Helme – RUPES USA Senior Technical Advisor
A frequent guest trainer in the BigFoot Academy, Todd’s impact on RUPES training programs are present even when he is not. As the Senior Technical Advisor, and an accomplished detailer, he manages a significant portion of the training content presented in each class and is an important contributor to all RUPES technical training modules.
- Wednesday July 6th & Thursday July 7th, 2022
- Friday July 8th & Saturday July 9th, 2022
Each class at the RUPES BigFoot Academy is custom-tailored to the student’s goals. We open the class with a discussion of current skills, pain points, and goals. Below is the basic class outline, but these subjects can be changed, rearranged, expanded, or limited based on class input and feedback. All topics are a combination of both classroom theory and hands-on time. Ultimately, our goal is to ensure that each student leaves the class having gained valuable technical skills that they can put to use in their business.
- Lead Instructor: Todd Helme
- Diagnosing defects and defining paint characteristics
- The “go vs. no-go” paint assessment process
- Machine sanding including texture leveling vs. texture matching
- Appropriate use of full panel sanding for efficiency in the paint correction process
- Comparison of tool movements, selecting tools based on variables
- Rotary polishing techniques
- Gear-driven orbital polishing techniques
- Random orbital polishing techniques
- Technique adjustments for situational performance gains with all tool movements
- Polishing pad selection and maximizing pads for results
- Edgework tools and using compact tools with maximum efficiency
- Polishing science and the dynamics of how paint responds to abrasion
- Express paint correction, 1-step procedures, maximizing profit by delivering customer-pleasing results
Rupes Paint Correction Courses take place at the JRP Inc. Detailing & Training facility. This state of the art facility houses all the tools and resources needed for attendees to learn more about paint correction using the best products and tools the industry has to offer.
JRP Inc. Detailing Facility
1182 South Service Rd. W., Oakville, ON, L6L 5T7
WHERE TO STAY
Holiday Inn Oakville
590 Argus Rd, Oakville, ON L6J 3J3
Our Training Courses attract students from all over Canada, as such planning your stay for the 3 day duration can be very important. For this reason we have some suggestions to make your stay with us easy and engaging. If you require further clarification please contact a member of our staff.
Holiday Inn Oakville
This Holiday Inn is inexpensive and in close proximity to local restaurants. It is a 5 minute drive from the SONAX CANADA facility or a 5 min walk to Oakvile GO Bus Station where the number 10 bus can drop students off directly in front of the facility.